Anandkunj is spread over a thirty acres of beautiful land, away from rat -race of city life and its pollution. The fresh air, clear sunshine, pure stream-water, and panoramic view of beautiful green hills with different trees and birds abundantly enrich this place. The Anandkunj campus is engaged in four fold activities of SHRI: (i) Health Care Service, (ii) Health Education, (iii) Health Research, and (iv) Health Awareness
- Ashram Ambiance: This is a unique health home, where health promotion is done through ancient disciplined culture, acknowledging the healing power of nature unlike modern day health resorts or commercial enjoyment center. This is a true Holistic Health Ashram based on the principles preached and practiced by Mahatma Gandhi.
- IPD & OPD Treatments: The hospital has outdoor and indoor treatment facility with various departments. In this temple of health, there are separate treatment departments of Yoga, Naturopathy and Amroli-Chikista for ladies and gents. There is a full-fledged facility for administering hydrotherapy, fasting therapy, Panch-karma, mud therapy, chromo-therapy, underground mud therapy, magneto-therapy, acupressure, acupuncture, physio-therapy, electrotherapy and other natural modalities.
- Accommodation: There are separate residential wards, special rooms and pyramidal shaped cottages constructed using natural, locally available material for accommodation of patients. The rooms are furnished with all basic amenities.
- Diet & Nutrition: Your food is your Medicine. The therapeutic food and diet for patients is prepared and served in the specially designed well-equipped kitchen, diet section and a dining hall. Also there is a separate dining facility for all patient-attendants and the staff members wherein normal satvik food is served. The diet and food that is given to patients is grown using natural, traditional agricultural methods.
- Yoga Studio: There is a pyramidal shaped grand hall equipped with all audiovisual aids for yoga practice, prayer and meditation.
- Library: Readers are the leaders. There is a library of books, audio-video cassettes, CDs on health-related topics and literature.
- Other features: There is a laboratory for routine diagnostic investigations in this center. Also for nature watch, sky meditation, and for acupressure there is specially prepared walking track. Soon there will be swimming pool for under water exercise therapy. There is a garden of various aromatic flowers and Ayurvedic herbal trees. The dairy farm is also an important part of this center. There is 24 hours Ambulance facility in case of any medical emergency.
- Management of Respiratory Disorders: Respiratory diseases such as bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, bronchitis, sinusitis, nasal septal deviation respond well to yoga and naturopathic treatments. Lung functions are effectively enhanced by yogic breathing.
- Management of Cardio-vascular Disorders: Hypertension, ischemic heart disease, coronary artery disease, high cholesterol and triglycerides, rheumatic heart disease are effectively controlled by following reversal diets, relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, therapeutic massage, naturopathic treatment, and lifestyle changes. Yoga and naturopathic life style are ideal for reversal of heart disease. Vital ingredients Amroli are known to improve blood circulation.
- Management of Digestive Disorders : Naturopathic treatments are primarily detoxifying hence produce very good results in digestive disorders such as constipation, hemorrhoids, hyperacidity, dyspepsia, gastritis, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, liver related diseases.
- Management of Diabetes Mellitus & Endocrine Disease: Skilful management of diet, yoga, disciplined lifestyle and herbal medicines is found to maintain ideal sugar levels in diabetes. Also Hypo/Hyper- thyroidism and other hormonal dysfunction can be effectively managed with integrated program.
- Management of Musculoskeletal Diseases: Recovery is fast, but need long term follow-up in rheumatoid arthritis, osteo-arthritis, sciatica, lumbago, disc prolapse, spondylosis. Yoga is very good for spinal disorders. One can enjoy a fuller and more active lifestyle through yoga, nutrition, Ayurvedic massage and acupuncture, which helps reduce both the physical and emotional pain.
- Management of Neurological Conditions : Stress management along with eliminative treatments are effective in management of tension headache, migraine, epilepsy, hemiplegia and other neurological debilities.
- Management of Malignancies: Yoga & naturopathy are known to boost immunity & vitality. Auto-urine-therapy (Amroli) integrated with balanced natural nutrition is found to be effective in prevention and management of various types of cancers
- Management of Skin Diseases: Improvement in complexion and reduction in pigmentation, acne and dandruff are achieved by appropriate natural packs, herbal massage, hydrotherapy, dietary advice and therapeutic fasting. Diseases like acne, eczema, psoriasis, allergies, dermatitis, leucoderma, fungal infections of skin and nails respond very well.
- Management of Menstrual & Gynecological Diseases: Management of pre-menopause, menopause, PMS, period pain, migraines, ovarian cysts, hormonal headaches, fibrocystic breast disease, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, hormonal acne, urinary tract infections, impotency, sterility, menstrual irregularities, fertility enhancement.
- Management of Immuno-deficiency Disorders: Auto-urine-therapy, yoga and naturopathy are useful to manage secondary infections in HIV positive & AIDS patients. Hundreds of patients are leading healthy life for long time under our care.
- Management of Psychological Illness: Yoga therapy is found as useful adjunct, in the management of psychological and behavioral conditions such as anxiety, depression and other neurotic diseases.
- De-addiction and smoking cessation: Be it smoking, drugs or alcohol, we support determined individuals with the aid of auriculo-therapy, relaxation techniques, counseling, herbal and naturopathic treatments.
- Promotion of Positive Health Program : This is a tailor-made program primarily aims for detoxification of body and promotion of immunological and psycho-emotional balance. The duration of this program varies from five to ten days and comprises integrated rejuvenative treatments of Shivambu, yoga, naturopathy and Panchakarma.
- Holistic Rehabilitation: We successfully treat patients of all ages and different health concerns, working to create lasting changes for a lifetime of optimal wellness.
Health is basically, each one’s own responsibility and primarily the doctor has the role of educator or teacher. All illness and misery is the result of lack of knowledge or ignorance. Today holistic health education is almost missing in all our curriculums. Therefore in order to create healthier society, health education is our priority.
At Anandkunj following health education programs of short-duration are offered for general public. These courses are conducted in Marathi, Hindi and English and anyone who wants the hone the skills of healthy living can participate in these courses.
Disease Specific Courses: In disease-specific-courses complete knowledge of disease causation, their prevention, complications and various holistic ways of healing is imparted. For various diseases different programs are announced.
Lifestyle based Courses: The dynamic balance of our health is largely based on our food (Ahara), physical activity (Vihara), living habits (Achara), and the mental attitude (Vichar). The lifestyle based programs such as holistic nutrition & cookery, stress management & meditation, art of harmonious relationships & family, holistic manipulative techniques, energy therapeutics etc. are popular courses of Anandkunj.
II) Pre-medical Training Programs
At Anandkunj we believe that each and every one must be equipped with the skills and methodology to be healthy and happy. Today even though literacy and education has reached grass root levels, we have observed that highly educated people are often ignorant or careless about holistic health. That means there is big need for dissemination of understanding of holistic-living among common people. Therefore Anandkunj is resolved to create a cadre of holistic health educators, workers and therapists.
In order to involve youngsters and also to create employment and noble source of livelihood, we have designed certain preclinical vocational courses.
- Certificate Course in Holistic Living (CCHS)
- Diploma in Holistic Healing (DHH)
- Diploma in Yoga Therapy (DYT)
- Diploma in auto-Urine Therapy (DUT)
- Diploma in Holistic Nutrition and Dietetics (DHND)
III) Professional Training Programs
Integrative medicine being new emerging science, since last few years there have been many enquiries for systematic training course. Since last 40 years the founders of Anandkunj have been successful in the management of chronic and unsolved cases using integrative modalities. This decade’s of experience, research and development needs to be passed on to new generation. For professionals of various medical disciplines (Modern-medicine, Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Naturopathy & Yoga) presently following courses are offered.
- Integrative Medicine Houseman-ship Program (IMHP): This is full time three months residential course with theoretical and practical training in Integrative medicine.
- Diploma in Integrative Medicine (DIM): This is two years postgraduate course, which could be done distantly with mandatory three months in-house clinical training and a dissertation.
- Crash Courses: These are short term therapeutic training courses of one to two weeks duration in various holistic modalities such as acupressure & reflexology, acupuncture & moxibution, ortho-bionomy, pranic-energy therapies, osteopathy, chiropractic etc. The schedule of these courses is announced as per availability of eminent trainers.
IV) Spiritual Retreats
The sole goal of every human being is SELF-realization (to know exactly who we are?) and SELF-expression (to express the qualities of true SELF). We all knowingly or unknowingly aspire for this goal. But when the true GURU comes in life this journey becomes more intense and one-sided. At Anandkunj various spiritual retreats of Tej-Gyan-Foundation (Happy Thoughts) are conducted under auspicious guidance of an enlightened master – Tej Guru Sirshree Tej Parkhiji.
Following is the list of conditions which could be successfully treated at Anandkunj.
- Before admission all patients have to consult with the concerned medical doctor, in person or over telephone or by email. In order to avoid repetition of diagnostic investigations, all patients have to bring the documents of all earlier diagnostic reports, films, CDs, and summaries of earlier treatments and medicines. Right of admission is reserved.
- At the time of admission all patients should bring the necessary stock of all presently ongoing drugs and medicines. Concerned doctor will give the necessary advice after thorough checkup and consultation regarding usage & dosage of medicines.
- All patients must bring their own necessary things such as traveling kit, clothing and bathing kit sufficient for stipulated period of stay. Some warm clothing would be required during the months of winter and monsoon.
- Please do not forget to bring your walking shoes and comfortable clothing for yoga. We encourage people to take a walk outdoors breathing in the fresh air.
- There is public telephone facility but no television in the rooms. Watching DVD’s on spiritual and health related topics in the common area is allowed between 7 pm – 9.30 pm.
- Mobile phones are not allowed in the therapy area. We prefer you to limit usage of mobile phones and laptops.
- Every patient or the attendant should immediately communicate any difficulty or trouble faced by patient to concerned doctor and they should not hide any vital issues or complaints.
- In the campus, vegetarian natural diet with a few options for Indian food is served. For all food is low fat, low salt and low spice.
- Yoga and naturopathy are way of life wherein certain lifestyle modifications in food, physical activity, exercise, general habits, mental attitude would be recommended which have to be honestly and disciplined followed by all patients.
- During the phase of therapeutic fasting and detoxification, many physiological and metabolic changes occur in the body, as a result, patients often get loose motions or emesis or hiccups or cramps which should to be then-and-there communicated to concerned doctor.
- The prescribed time-table, routine and discipline is mandatory to all patients and even attendants. All patients are cannot go out of campus without prior permission from concerned doctor.
- Patients who are below age of 18 years and above 60 years, and patients who are physically or psychologically dependent; with them a responsible attendant is imperative.
- During the treatment of very chronically ill or terminally ill or seriously ill patient, any medical emergency may arise, in such condition patients will have to be shifted to other modern medical hospital; for which concerned attendants should be physically and mentally prepared.
- Tea, coffee, tobacco, bakery products, smoking and alcohol are not allowed in the Anandkunj campus.
- Foreign guests, please make sure you have taken your visa to enter India.
- All patients are advised not to bring any valuables or ornaments; if you have any extra money, you may deposit it in the office.
- Anandkunj being run by nonprofit charitable Trust, all indigent and weaker patients are treated free or at concessional charges at Anandkunj.
- The fee for various treatment programs is collected in the form of specific donations. For latest information contact to front desk personnel.
Please come with an open mind and make the most of your stay. Be positive, spread positivity. If you like our services TELL to ALL, and if you find some difficulty, then please do tell only to US.