1. Visit Perfect Medicine
2. Visit Properties of human urine
3. Visit Human body is made up of Five Great Elements
4. Visit Nature Heals not Physician
5. Visit Whole person treatment
6. Visit Dynamic balance is Health
7. Visit Identify and treat the cause
8. Visit Symptoms are not the cause of illness
9. Visit Violation of laws of Nature
10. Visit Detoxification enhances the Immunity
11. Visit Shivambu and Life Style
Auto-Urine Therapy (AUT) is an ancient practice as it finds references in many olden traditions. It is known as Shivambu Chikista in Tantra Shastra & Ayurveda and is also called as Amroli Kriya in ancient Yoga. The word ‘Shiva’ in Sanskrit means holy or pure or auspicious and the word ‘Ambu’ means water; that means Shivambu is auspicious water or water of life.
Former Prime Minister of India Morarji Desai, who lived up to the age of 99, has been the most well known proponent of this therapy. He claimed that India would have been better off if more people used this extremely inexpensive and effective way of treatment. He also attributed to AUT the credit for his longevity. In this century it was the Englishman John Armstrong who was the urine therapy pioneer with his work and with his book -The Water of Life, famous both in West and East.
Principles of Auto Urine Therapy
Shivambu Kalpa is a way of life as its origin can be traced back in to Yogic Tantra. Its techniques and subtle experiential wisdom is evolved discovered by ancient scientists-our Rishi, Yogis and Saints of India-the researchers of within! Therefore Shivambu Kalpa is a certain way and best resort to attain natural homeostasis and perfection at physical, emotional, social and spiritual planes of human being.
1. Urine is not waste but is a Prefect Medicine
Shivabmu – (Shiva – Holy, Ambu – Water) the urine of self, is a product of body, flows out because it is excess.
Human Urine is an antidote to poisons.
Sushrut Samhita (45 / 228)
There exists nothing in this world which cannot be used as medicine
Hence Shivambu is neither harmful nor unless. – Vagbhatt
2. Properties of human urine
- Shivambu has sharp, subtle and liquid properties.
- Shivambu has Vyavayi property.
- Vyavayi substances are those which get absorbed & transported all over the body easily via body fluids.
- Shivambu also has Vikasi property. These substances cause breakdown of combination of dosa & dusa Shivambu have both laxative & emetic properties.
- Apart from these, following references are found in ancient texts of Indian Medicine about properties of human Urine.
Human Urine is basic, bitter and light. It destroys diseases of the eyes, makes the body strong, improves digestion and destroys coughs and colds.
– Harit (1st Chapter on Urine)
Human urine destroys position, property used it gives new life, purifies blood,
clears skin troubles, is sharp in taste & contains many salts.
Human urine controls bile in the blood, destroys worms, cleans intestine,
control cough & calms the nerves. It is sharp in taste, destroys laziness & is an antidote to positions.
-Yoga Ratnakar [Mutrashtakam V. II ]
Here one may note that, above references commonly emphasize, Shivambu preliminary detoxifies and purifies the body and elimination.
3. Human body is made up of Five Great Elements
Every cell in our body is composed of one or other five great elements – earth, water, fire, air and either. Therefore any attrition in this original frame can only be repaired by using these five great elements in same are modified forms.
4. Nature Heals not Physician
The human body has the inherent ability to restore health. Healing is an ordered process which includes the generation of symptoms that are part of mechanism of the biological system attempting to heal itself. The physician’s role is to facilitate and augment this process with therapeutic actions complementary to and synergistic with this healing process. AUT strengthens this Natural Healing Power by purification and detoxification of whole person.
5. Whole person treatment
Health & disease result from a complex interaction of physical, mental, emotional, genetic, social, environmental, spiritual and other factors. The harmonious functioning of all aspects of the individual is the essential to health. In body all the systems are intimately interlinked, interdependent and dynamically balanced. Hence Disease or imbalance in one part directly affects the ones other parts of that whole. There is never a single cause for disease. All the pieces must be integrated in order to create a whole picture of an individual and his/her illness. Therapy can then be directed for underlying as well as immediate causative factor, thus treating the whole person.
6. Dynamic balance is Health
The world health organization [WHO] in drafting its constitution sought a definition for health, which conveys the need of every person enjoy the ability to take advantage of their potential for vigor and happiness. Health according to the WHO is a state of complete physical, mental & social well being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
Still more closer to Holistic attitude Dr. Henry Lindlahr has defined Health as normal & harmonious vibration of the elements and forces composing the human entity on the physical, mental and moral planes of being in conformity with constructive principles of Nature applied to individual life. Ideal characteristics of Healthy person according to text books of Indian medicine are…
Healthy person is and who follows regulated life regulated diet & conduct, one who would be able to face the dual situations with balance, one who could detach the himself from the worldly things, one who is kind and donates a portion of his income for the weaker sections, one who consider others equal to him (Universal brotherhood) and one serves the suffering humanity.
7. Identify and treat the cause
A disease does not occur without cause. The main cause for most of the illnesses is Violations of Nature’s Laws.
According to Ayurveda, Rishis say that a man betrays his own conscience (Nature), overindulges in physical pleasures like eating and gets indigestion which is the root cause of all diseases.
Mahatma Gandhi said, “Due to ignorance, carelessness, violating eating and leaving limits, disease is caused.”
8. Symptoms are not the cause of illness
Symptoms are signals that the body is out of balance, and are the expressions of the body’s attempt to heal itself. Causes originate on many levels, but are often found in patient’s life-style, diet-habits or emotional state. When only symptoms are treated the underlying cause remains and the patients may develop a more serious chronic condition. All treatments in AUT are directed to root cause and are not for just symptomatic relief. The basic cause for all diseases is the violation of laws of Nature at physical, mental and social levels. It could be in thinking, living, breathing, eating or excreting. This is the main cause for all illness although disease may manifest in various form, in different degrees of severity at different levels.
9. Violation of laws of Nature
All diseases are result of the violation of laws of Nature at physical, mental and social levels. These may include…
• Stress, tensions and mental agitation.
• Running behind worldly pleasures.
• Eating unwholesome food – inadequate or excessive intake of nutritive food.
• Living in unhealthy, unhygienic dwellings.
• Lack of exercise, inadequate or too much rest and sleep
• Doing things untimely hours.
• Suppression of Natural calls and instincts.
• Association with wicked and negative thoughts.
• Much of sophistication and fashion. Use of various stimulants and drugs.
• Progressively spoiling surplus surrounding and bad environmental sanitation.
Those who always live according to the laws of Dharma (Nature of one’s own self) who respect and regard God (true consciences), who always take Satwik food, conquer senses (Indrias), who possess noble character, the life of such person will be prolonged liberally – says Shastra.
A healing crisis is an acute reaction, resulting from the ascendancy of Natures healing forces over disease condition. Its tendency is towards recovery and in reality in the result of cleansing and healing efforts of Nature.
10. Detoxification enhances the Immunity
All microbial agents are secondary cause for disease, primary cause is deposition or stasis of morbid substances. This disposition of morbid & toxic substances occurs only due to violation of Natural laws & hereditary tendencies.
Pathology can only occur where there is morbid stasis & deposition, leading to lowered resistance. No infection can occur, unless there is already fertile soil, in which the germs can thrive. These morbid toxic substances could be endogenous or exogenous unutilized, unassimilated products or end products of metabolism or any foreign or excessive substances in the body.
Modern science recognizes these morbid substances as ‘Free radicals’. These are solitary radicals attach themselves to stable biological molecules and cause breakdown of cell membranes. In Ayurveda these are considered as excessive dosa. The main abode of these morbid toxic substances are alimentary tract but deposition, stasis occurs all over the body. It inhabits and hinders various physiological & biochemical process in the body leading to diminished immune resistance, abnormal composition of blood & lymph. In Panch-Karma it is said, that effect of vatta cause spreading of morbid toxins all over the body. The modalities of AUT like urine fast and urine massage first help to reduce the vatta and then brings all accumulated toxins in its abode for elimination. Shivambu Chikitsa is an eliminative line of therapy helps to attain balanced purification and rejuvenation (Samyak Shudhi).
11. Shivambu and Life Style
The complex biochemical processes and physiological functions in the body are directly or indirectly influenced by certain internal and external factors of the organism. Shivambu is the product of such widely exposed, but still dynamically balanced human organism. Hence contents and ingredients of Shivambu are dependent on internal and external environment of the organism. And it is because of this reason in modern medicine; urine is tested and chemically analyzed for diagnostic investigations.
Human organism is dynamic and in continuously changing. Because of this, the taste of morning Urine is different from afternoon or evening, the contents of the urine are different from disease conditions. Every human being is unique in his or her physical and mental constitution, hence the urine. That is, the ingredients of urine vary from person to person. Thus the contents of Urine are also dynamic. Therefore if urine has to be used and produced as therapeutic agent or tool from pharmaceutical factory of human organism, Yogic way of living, thinking and Satwick food described in ancient texts is essential, mandatory.
Auto Urine Fasting: It is complete voluntary abstinences from food expect water and Shivambu. Therefore it demands total physiological and psychological rest. Emphasis is given on total urine and adequate water drinking. Auto-urine enema (or cow urine drinking) is very useful to clean the intestine. Generally fasting is continued until complete body purification is sought. The purification is confirmed by clean uncoated tongue, disappearance of foul breath and clean watery motions. Interestingly during Shivambu fasting appetite is not felt.
Urine massage: In Damar-Tantra the urine is asked to a boil and make it concentrated to its one fourth quantity in earthen pot and then matured urine is recommended for massage. Keeping these guidelines in mind at SYNC Urine is commonly stored and reduced to its ¼th quantity by charging it under different color rays (blue, green, yellow, orange & red) n solar cooker for several days ( 21 or 48 or 108 days) The urine is stored in earthen or copper pots. Later this charged matured urine is filtered by line fold cotton cloth and then used for massage. For lubrication certain medicated oils are also mixed. Generally massage solutions are prepared in following proportions…
|In Hot Season||Old Urine 75%||Sesame Oil 25%||Camphor 2-3 pieces|
|In Cold Season||Old Urine 70%||Mustard Oil 30%||Camphor 2-3 Pieces|
|In Skin Ailments||Old Urine 70%||Neem Oil 30%||Camphor 2-3 Pieces|
The massage movements and manipulations (friction, stroking, kneading, hacking etc.) are performed in such a way that peripheral systemic circulation is stimulated and venous and lymphatic drainage is improved. Massage is a passive exercise hence in chronic patients with lowered vitality; massage should be done very smoothly.
Shivambu Mud Packs:
Ant hill soil and urine is mixed and mud packs of 9″ x 12″ x 1″ size are prepared. During fasting these cold mud packs are applied over the lower abdomen (covering hypo gastric and pelvic area) Similar mud packs of small size (2″ x 4″ x1″) are applied over the forehead. Ideal timing for application of these packs is early morning and afternoon. The application is applied for 20 – 30 min. During night in some patients hot mud pack of similar size is applied over the abdomen or affected part of body.
Kriya form an important component of Shivambu Kalpa. The flow of Prana (Life Energy) to all vital organs of the body is regulated in an orderly manner by practicing these kriyas. Kriya help to purify the nadis, balance and channelize the Prana at subtler levels. Commonly practiced kriyas are Shivambu Nasya, Neti, Vamana, Basti, Kapalbhanti, Nauli, & Trataka. Amroli Kriya is an advanced technique to be performed by spiritual sadhakas. In morning after cleaning the mouth and doing certain kriyas, drinking the fresh Urine. All the diseases from birth will disappear. Amroli is the drinking of midstream, leaving the first for it is too pungent and the last which is useless. He who drinks Amri, suffs it daily and practices Vajroli (Yogic Kriya) is said to be practicing Amroli.
In morning after cleaning the mouth and doing certain kriyas, drinking the fresh Urine. All the diseases from birth will disappear. Amroli is the drinking of midstream, leaving the first for it is too pungent and the last which is useless. He who drinks Amri, suffs it daily and practices Vajroli (Yogic Kriya) is said to be practicing Amroli.
Over the years Urine therapy has proved to be an effective tool for healing. Auto Urine Therapy has been evolved by its practitioners in the clinical situation rather than in the academic establishment, largely by their observation of human condition in health and disease; and its therapeutic methods have been established by practical experience. Therefor it is not always possible to explain how it works, although most Uropathic procedures do have sound physiological basis. There may however be some statements of Uropahtic belief which we can’t support with scientific evidence, but it would be a far greater mistake to disregard these phenomena simply because we can’t yet explain them. The history of science is full of hypothesis, which could only later be substantiated.
COMPOSITION OF HUMAN URINE:
A general overview and a specified summary of a number of important substances usually found in urine follow below. The substances given in the specified summary have been research, either in relation to urine therapy or in other contexts.
- Inorganic substances in urine: Bicarbonate, chloride phosphor sulfur bromide fluoride jodide, rhodanide, kalium natrium, calcium magnesium iron copper, zinc cobalt, selenium, arsenium lead, mercury.
- Nitrogen containing substances in urine:
- Nitrogen (as totality), urea, creatine, creatinine guanidine, cholinecarnitine, piperidine, spermidine, spermine, dopamine, adrenaline, nor-adrenaline, serotonin, tryptamine, amino-levulinic acid prophyrin, bilirubin, and others.
- Amino acids in urine:Alanine, carnosine, glycine, histidine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylaanine, serine, tyrosine, valine, hyfroxyproline, galactosylhydroxlysine xylosylserine and others.
- Proteins in urine: Albumin, heptoglobin, transferrin IgG, IgA, IgM, and others.
- Enzymes in urine: Lactatdehydrogenase, gamma-glutamyltransferase, alpha-amylase, uropesinogen, lysozyme, beta-N-acetylgucosaminidase, urokinase, protease, and others.
- Carbohydrates in urine: Arabinos, xylose, ribose, fucose, rhamnose, ketopentose, glucose, galactose mannose, frutose, lactose, saccharose, fucosylglucose, raffinose, and others.
- Vitamins in urine: Thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitaminB2), vitamin B6, 4-pyridoxic acid, nicotinic acid, vitamin B-12, biopterine, asorbic acid and others.
- Hormones in urine: Gonadotropin, corticotropin, prolactin, lactogenic hormones, oxytocin vasopressin, thyroxine cathecaolamin (adrenaline, noradrenaline, dopamine) insulin, erythropoietin, coricosteriods (aldosterone, corticosterone, cortisone), testosterone, progesterone, oestrogen and others.
- Agglutinins and precipitins – have a neutralizing effect on polio and other viruses.
- Antineoplaston – prevents selectively the growth of cancer cells without harming the growth of healthy cells.
- Allantoin – a nitrogenous crystal substance, which helps, wound healing. It is an oxidation product of uric acid. This substance can be found in man skin cream products.
- DHEA– (dehydroepiandrosterone or dhydroisoandrosterome) – a steroid secreted by the adrenal gland which can be found in large amount in male urine. This substance prevents obesity, prolongs the life span of animals and offers a possible treatment for anaemia, diabetes and breast cancer in women. DHEA stimulates the growth of bone marrow and increases the production of substances manufactured by bone marrow such as red blood cells, monocytes, macrophages and lymphocytes. A low DHEA level seems to be linked to ageing.
- Gastric secretory depressants – combat the growth of stomach ulcers.
- Glucuronic acid – is created in the liver, kidneys and intestinal canal and has an important secretion function.
- H-11 – inhibits the growth of cancer cells and reduces already existing tumours, without disturbing the recovery process.
- HUD (Human’s Urine Derivative) – urine derivative shown on helper cells and inhibiting substances. It can signal the hypothalamus to produce a fever.
- 3- Methyl-glyxal – destroys cancer cells.
- Prostaglandin – is an hormonal substance which dilates the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure, relaxes the bronchial muscles stimulates labour contractions, and has a number of other functions relating to the metabolism.
- Protein globulins – contain antibodies against specific allergens; identical to proteins in the immunoglobulins of serum (blood).
- Proteoses – immunologically active products of allergic reactions.
- Retine – anti-cancer element extracted from urine.
- Urine peptide (or polypeptide) – shows tuberculostatic activity which has been isolated in chemically pure form.
- Uric acid – helps keep free radical scavengers (molecules which can cause cancer) under control combats old age and even has a tuberculostatic effect.
Like this many useful products have been found in urine. The functions of the main ones are described below:
- Urea is the major component found in urine and is the end product of protein metabolism. It dissolves fats and other body secretions and is finally discharged into urine. It is a strong antibacterial agent and specifically prevents the growth of the tubercle bacillus. It is said that a large quantity of vitamin C intake enhances it effect.
- Uric acid is similar in action to urea and has strong antibacterial properties. In addition it helps to control cancer-causing substances.
- Nitrates present in the urine, if they come in contact with the skin or sweat, react with the acid producing nitrous oxide, which is antibacterial.
- Minerals from urine can be very easily absorbs if re-ingested and are more efficient compared to those derived from food. Urine contains different kinds of useful mineral compounds than those derived from food. All the minerals in the biological substances were once absorbed from food, processed and then discharged as surplus.
- Urine becomes turbid if let alone for a while. This is because when enzymes in urine change urea into ammonia, urine becomes unstable and strongly alkaline. Therefore old urine looks turbid. Urine with higher ammonia content when applied to the skin. Plays an important role in beautifying it.
- Minerals in urine purify and activate body tissues, which were not taken care of by the blood. In addition, they mobilize the toxins facilitating their excretion. Minerals also help rebuild tissues.
- Cortisone detected in urine counteracts inflammatory conditions, allergies and other skin diseases.
- Melatonin present in the morning urine has stress reducing effect. It boosts the immune system, inhibits cancer and reduces heart disease. It is also claimed to have a rejuvenating effect.
- Urokinase detected in urine dissolves blood clots, helps cure heart disease and improves blood circulation.
- Epithelium Growth Factor (EGF) helps repair and regenerate damaged tissues and cells.
- Colony Stimulating Factor (CSF) is necessary for cell division and multiplication.
- Growth Hormone (GH) shows different bio-active effects, such as promotion of protein production, cartilage growth and fat decomposition.
- Erythropoietin promotes production of red blood cells.
- Gonadotropin normalises the menstrual cycle and sperm production.
- Kallikrein releases kallidin which expands peripheral veins and reduces blood pressure.
- Trypsin Inhibitor is effective for prevention and healing of mucosal tumours (neoplasma)
- Alantin heals wounds and tumours (neoplasms)
- Prostaglandins lower blood pressure and act as oral contraceptives.
- Adrenocorticotrophic Hormone (ACTH) stimulates adrenal cortex to make cortisone.
- Thyrotrophin (TSH) stimulates thyroid gland and controls energy turnover in the body.
- Leutenising Hormone (LH) stimulates esx hormone production.
- Follice Stimulating Hormone (FSH) plays an important role in regulating menstrual cycle and pregnancy.
- Thyroxin adjusts levels in the body.
- Parathyroid Hormone regulates calcium metabolism.
- Anti-cancer substances like anti-aneoplaston H-11, beta-indol-acetic directin, 3-menthy glyoxal differ from chemotherapeutic drugs which kill or injure all kinds of cells. They strongly prevent the multiplication of carcinogenic cells and help return them to normal.
In addition to the above substances Urine is an excellent ‘Bio-feedback’. It contains the breakdown products of the metabolism of each cell. These carry up to date information of the exact status of the health of each individual cell at any given period of time. It also contains other products manufactured by the body to counteract the ailment. Urine is a perfect ‘tell-tale’ and excellent diagnostic agent. Thus for instance vitamin A is not normally excreted in the urine but in-patients of cancer and tuberculosis large quantities of vitamin-A can be detected. The composition of urine changes from season to season, in fact, moment to moment. Lack of sleep, grief and happy, moments each influence the composition of urine. If we had sophisticated instruments to detect each and every product present in the urine we would get a perfect scan of the functioning of the billions of cells present in the body and perhaps know the complex role played by the body to restore health.
1. Isn’t urine a waste product, which the body excretes because it is poisonous?
2. Aren’t there harmful and pathogenic bacteria in urine?
3. If urine is so useful and good for the body why does the body excrete it?
4. If drinking our own urine is so natural and useful, why hasn’t nature equipped us with an instinct to do this automatically?
5. Isn’t it true that urine therapy seems to be effective, but that simultaneous change of dietary habits is actually the healing factor?
6. Can’t the effects of urine therapy be attributed to suggestion or belief?
7. Doesn’t urine taste disgusting?
8. If urine therapy was so popular in the past, as is maintained, why are people no longer interested in it, and why don’t they know it can be useful?
9. How do acquaintances and friends react when you tell them that you drink your urine? Is it not better to keep quiet about it?
10. For which illnesses is urine therapy effective and for which is it ineffective? Are there
11. Why is it particularly recommended to drink the morning urine?
12. Should you only use your own urine?
13. What about using nutritional supplements such as vitamins etc., when practicing urine therapy?
14. What do you do, if you can’t get over the taste?
1) Isn’t urine a waste product, which the body excretes because it is poisonous?
The idea that urine is poisonous waste product is not based upon fact. It has been scientifically proven that, besides water, urine consists mainly of minerals, hormones and enzymes, which are not harmful to the body. The body can re-use many of these substances.
Urine is simply a healthy liquid, which is filtered out of the bloodstream. What at one moment was part of the blood can be found in urine a split second later. Certain substances are then filtered by the kidneys and secreted as raw materials, which can be directly absorbed by the body upon renewed intake by way of drinking or massaging.
The kidneys filter hundreds of liters of blood per day (approximately 1700 liters). The greatest part of the filtered urine, the so-called ‘pre-urine’ is directly re-absorbed into the blood. Excess substances and the end products of nitrogen and protein metabolism together with water from the one to two liters of excreted urine.
Actually kidneys are not excretory organs but they are regulatory systems. The kidneys are not intended to remove poisonous substances from the body – the liver, intestines, skin and exhalation take care of this. Obviously, the food you consume finds its way into the blood, and therefore into the urine, which is why it is important to follow a healthy diet. This in itself has nothing to do with therapy, but is important if you practice urine therapy.
Even if we assume that poisonous substances can be found in urine, this does not necessarily mean that they are harmful to the body when ingested. If these bodily waste products are natural (i.e., not chemical due to the use of medication, etc.) they can be used to manufacture antibodies which restore balance to the body. In fact, a homeopathic or isopathic effect takes place. Urine is a sort of information card, which registers the condition of the blood. When that information is carried back to the body, the body can consequently react according to this feedback and it will normally do this in an appropriate and precise way. In this respect, the body is an extremely advanced and intelligent system. We see how precisely this system works in animals: animals are not in danger of their own poison, as they lick their wounds without any problems. They do not do that just to clean their wounds but also to feed the ‘wound information’ back into body so that it can appropriately.
Furthermore, the intestines do not absorb all the substances we consume and they are able to make a selection. To a certain extent, they select what is useful to the body and excrete the rest through defecation. Certain substances are converted by the bacteria in the intestines into other substances, which the body can use or absorb better in that form. Such is the case with urea.
You might ask if urea not cause any poisoning symptoms when taken in again. Although urea is poisonous when present in very large amounts in the blood, only relatively small amounts of urea are ingested when you drink urine. This does not end up directly in the blood, but rather in the intestines, and primarily has a purifying, cleansing effect. The bulk of it does not show up as urea in the blood, but is converted into the highly useful substance glutamine.
2) Aren’t there harmful and pathogenic bacteria in urine?
It is indisputable that the urine from ninety percent of the population is almost entirely free of all bacteria (sterile). Doctors and pathologists confirm this. This is simply because urine does not come into contact with anything until it is excreted, and furthermore contains substances which kill bacteria. In the other ten percent, microorganisms can be found, which can be caused by a latent illness or infection of the kidneys or urinary passages.
Drinking urine, which contains a certain amount of microorganisms, can nevertheless be considered harmless. We constantly eat, drink and inhale bacteria. A large number of bacteria permanently exist in our body, and they generally do not make us sick.
Some caution is suggested with infections of the kidneys, bladder or urinary passages. The number of bacteria can be quite high in these cases and sometimes-even pus can be seen in the urine. Even then, some urine therapists, such as we recommend drinking everything excreted.
Externally applied, urine is an excellent antiseptic remedy. Fresh urine is sterile and therefore excellent for cleaning wounds. Old urine contains ammonia and other substances, which ensure that the infection and decay are combated.
3) If urine is so useful and good for the body why does the body excrete it?
We can make the comparison here to a dam in a river. If water rises above a certain level, the surplus flows away through the floodgates. However, this does not mean that the surplus water is useless. In the same way, a surplus of water and salts can leave the body at any moment through the kidneys. If you drink more water, more urine is produced and if you drink less water, less urine is produced. Everybody knows this from personal experience.
Nature works in cycles allowing matter to return to its original substance and be re-used for construction. Many substances still floating through the blood in compounded form are filtered by the kidneys and return to their original substances. In this way they can easily be re-absorbed by the body.
Here it may be pointed out that we have all experienced this urine cycle as a fetus in the womb. For almost nine months, we drank our own urine in the form of Amniotic fluid. This liquid was an important contribution to the development of our bodies. Drinking urine is certainly not strange. On the contrary, it is foundation of our existence.
4) If drinking our own urine is so natural and useful, why hasn’t nature equipped us with an instinct to do this automatically?
Rational thinking has completely suppressed many natural human instincts. For example, all animals avoid eating if they are sick. Many illnesses can be quickly cured in this way, since digesting food requires a great deal of energy. By not eating, we can direct much more energy towards the healing process.
Human beings, however, often continue eating when they are sick. On top of that, the patient is often advised to eat especially well, even if he or she is absolutely not hungry.
Sick or wounded animals instinctively use their own bodily fluids. By licking their wounds, for example, they not only keep the wound clean, but also send a signal to the body, which reacts, to this ‘self-injection’. Goats sometimes urinate directly into their own mouths, and many other animals (e.g. dogs, caws) lick the urine from others of their species.
We have obviously strayed quite far from our instinctual to light a cigarette or consume alcohol. It is therefore safer to assume that nature has equipped us with a number of instincts, but that we, as people, have largely lost contact with them.
5) Isn’t it true that urine therapy seems to be effective, but that simultaneous change of dietary habits is actually the healing factor?
Of course dietary habits greatly influence your health. Urine therapy and health dietary habits go together. As already mentioned, no substance which has not earlier been consumed will appear in the urine. A change in dietary habits as part of urine therapy undoubtedly plays an important role in a possible healing process.
Actually, urine therapy is also effective for those who already have healthy dietary habits and yet for one or another reason get sick. Furthermore, the rate at which symptoms improve when urine therapy employed is remarkably higher than when exclusively dietary habits are changed. Urine therapy also has an extraordinarily positive effect if you fast exclusively on water and urine, in which case you completely refrain, from eating. Furthermore the same results are achieved with a urine and water fast in one week as with a juice or water fast in two to three weeks.
The fact remains the substances you eat, drink or otherwise ingest are indeed important, especially regarding long-term health. Applying urine therapy while maintaining unhealthy dietary habits is like lighting a candle to the sun. As a closing remark, there are no unequivocal rules regarding a healthy diet and lifestyle. This is very personal and experiential, deep down; you know best what is best for you.
6) Can’t the effects of urine therapy be attributed to suggestion or belief?
Those who seek refuge in urine therapy as a last resort’ have often already made the rounds by every other method of treatment, from allopathy to homeopathy, Ayurveda, etc. They hoped and believed these other therapies would work. Yet it seems that many who did not achieve results with other methods of treatment have been cured by urine therapy. This is remarkable when you consider that the nature and obscurity of urine therapy initially evoke a skeptical reaction.
In India, it was observed with a urine therapist who in his role as supervisor at a national park also successfully treated animals with urine therapy. Here, there is no question of the treating animal under the influence of suggestion or belief. However, it is generally important to believe in the method of treatment you choose. This is also true if you choose another treatment.
7) Doesn’t urine taste disgusting?
Our aversion to urine is the result of preconceptions and conditioning. We have been taught that urine is dirty. In reality, urine usually does not taste dirty. Many who have been drinking it for some time even think it taste and smells pleasant.
The taste of urine partly depends on what you have eaten and drunk the previous day. If you eat a great deal of animal proteins, use a lot of spice or drink strong herbal tea, your urine will probably have a strong taste. Also, when your body is out of balance, i.e. you are sick, urine often tastes stronger than normal. While applying urine therapy it is wise to reduce the intake of especially animal proteins and strong herbs and spices.
If you wish to gradually become accustomed to the taste, mix urine with water or mix a spoonful of honey into the urine.
In general, taste is subjective. What is delicious to one person is disgusting to another. Furthermore, your taste can change with time. Most people who drink beer or wine for the first time in their life think it tastes disgusting, but after some time they get used to the taste and actually enjoy it. The same is true for olives, blue cheese, etc.
Regarding medicine, it is interesting to note that people are willing to ingest the most disgusting tasting drink and pills as long as a doctor prescribes it. Likewise, if you are sick, you might also try to overcome your resistance to the taste of urine. But do it with love.
8) If urine therapy was so popular in the past, as is maintained, why are people no longer interested in it, and why don’t they know it can be useful?
With the development of culture and technological progress, we have strayed further and further from nature. Our interest in natural medicines, including urine therapy, has therefore decreased. Furthermore in many respects we have turned away from our own bodies. This has made urine therapy psychologically inaccessible to us; in other words, we think our own bodily products are disgusting.
Our economic system is based upon scarcity and scarcity is related to dependence. Urine therapy provides patients with so much independence that the remedy, urine is not lucrative. Urine is free and always available for those who need it. In a world in which money talks, urine therapy can appear to be threatening to those who earn their living by manufacturing or prescribing medicine. In short, urine therapy does not fit in the current economic picture of scarcity.
Many people believe we are healthier nowadays thanks to advances in medical science. This is partly true. The flip side of the coin is that we have had to give up a great deal of freedom and independence. The enormous efforts of medical science are partly based upon the failure to really cure illnesses. Fighting symptoms is considered to be crucial, but this does not take care of the cause. Urine therapy, being a real nature cure, not only reduces the symptoms, but also deals with the cause of the illness.
Keep in mind that urine therapy is not a ‘wonder drug’ that relieves all symptoms. Illness always has several causes and is usually not only physical. Feelings, thoughts and the environment also play a role. If you apply urine therapy in order to get rid of a symptom, but after improvement continue to treat yourself and your body carelessly, the symptoms might reappear. It is therefore important to also pay attention to other factors playing a role in the healing process.
9) How do acquaintances and friends react when you tell them that you drink your urine? Is it not better to keep quiet about it?
Nowadays, the taboos surrounding bodily excretions are great. We consider many things to be dirty as soon as they leave our body, and forget that those same substances just a few minutes before were an integral part of our body. Everybody knows that the best way to get a laugh is by telling jokes about peeing and shitting. We get the whole range of reactions whenever we talk about our experiences. This is how we have been brought up, and although we take urine therapy seriously, we generally prefer an approach with a healthy dose of humor.
However, if you feel uncomfortable about telling it to those around you, but still want to experiment with urine therapy, feel free to do this without mentioning it to others. When you are convinced it works for you, the reluctance to talk about it will gradually subside, and may be even disappear. Perhaps you will start to enjoy talking about it, as I do. You can be sure that you will be surrounded by plenty of laughter, which in fact can be rather pleasant of laughter, which in fact can be rather pleasant. An old saying maintains that it is good to combine what is useful with what is pleasurable; you can be sure of that with urine therapy!
It is a different matter if you have difficulties explaining urine therapy to your immediate family or partner. Support from those closest to you is essential. Thorough explanation can work wonders. Let them visit this site. Before you know it, their interest in urine therapy will outweigh their aversion.
As for smell, it is not as strong as one would expect. With a little bit of care, those closest to you will not notice a thing. The odor of urine is much less repulsive than most people think since most associate urine with public toilets. Actually, it often smells rather pleasant when applied fresh on the skin. Many people regularly use pure urine as after-shave and hair lotion. There will always be people who think it is bizarre or dirty. It is up to you to decide what is more important to you: your own good health or other people’s opinions.
10) For which illnesses is urine therapy effective and for which is it ineffective? Are there any contra-indications?
In theory, urine therapy is effective for every illness. Actually, a diagnosis is unnecessary prior to applying urine therapy. This therapy is total treatment aimed at strengthening or recovering the balance in the body. Because there are countless ways in which the balance can be upset, there are also countless illnesses. Medical science has conveniently categorized and named these illnesses. Urine therapy is a very personal treatment and can be applied in many ways. Likewise, an imbalance in the body can occur in countless ways and on different levels. Because the application of urine therapy does not require medication, which goes with a certain symptom, a diagnosis is also unnecessary.
Nevertheless, because we are so accustomed to receiving a diagnosis it is for most of us reassuring to know which label is attached to our illness. Furthermore this can also help us in choosing other natural remedies, and these can certainly be used simultaneously with urine therapy. The treatments often support each other. In the Damar Tantra, of which the entire document can be found on this site, combinations of herbal mixtures and urine are often prescribed.
Urine therapy can be applied at all times and for every illness, although in a number of cases extra attention. Furthermore pay attention to the degree of acidity of the blood and urine. If the blood is too acidic, the urine might also be rather acidic, which may cause irritations during application. Reduce the degree of acidity by fasting, talking natural medicines and following an appropriate diet (low in protein and vegetarian). So, there are no contra-indications but there are certainly conditions under which urine therapy can best applied. Once again one very important condition is the quality and combination of your diet.
11) Why is it particularly recommended to drink the morning urine?
The majority of useful, vital substances are found in the morning urine. This is because at night, while you sleep, your body is totally relaxed. This deep relaxation gives the body the chance to carry out its ‘recovery activities’. The decomposition products partly end up in the urine and can be re-absorbed and used for new build-up processes. This process of filtering by the kidneys returns the so-called raw decomposition products to their original substances, which can subsequently be re-absorbed and re-used by the body.
Certain hormones are also released during sleep, a number of, which are intended to bring about the above-mentioned deep relaxation. Re-absorbing these hormones ensures that we are more rested during the waking hours. Moreover, it saves the body energy because it does not have to manufacture these hormones again.
Furthermore, ingestion of the morning urine, which is full of hormones, regulates the entire hormonal process. Some of these hormones have the particular function of maintaining hormonal balance.
12) Should you only use your own urine?
In theory, it is best to use exclusively your own urine, especially if internally applied. However, if you are in a state of shock and cannot urinate, the urine from somebody else can safely be administered. If possible, use the urine from somebody of the same sex. Different hormones can be in the urine from a male than in that of a female.
For certain illnesses, it seems to be beneficial to ingest the urine from children. The urine from a child is often very pure, especially if the child follows a healthy diet. In some cases, the urine from a child can also be used in the external massage application for the seriously ill who cannot produce enough of their own urine.
It is certainly possible to use the urine from other person for massage. The urine from pregnant women is also recommended by some urine therapists in the treatment of certain diseases like infertility, but further research is necessary before we can more about this.
According to the latest reports it is almost certain that, HIV cannot be transmitted through urine. Urine from different people usually does not differ much in its ingredients, which is why the urine from one person will also to some extent work for somebody else. However, your own urine contains personal, characteristic substances and provides the particular information the body needs order to carry out the healing process as effectively as possible.
13) What about using nutritional supplements such as vitamins etc., when practicing urine therapy?
In general it is no problem to combine urine therapy with any other form of natural treatment. This also applies to the use of nutritional supplements as long as they are natural. On should refrain from any chemically manufactured supplements.
Experience has shown that the use of vitamin supplements in combination with the practice of urine therapy can considerably cut down the amount of supplements you need to take, because of the recycling effect. Many substances, such as vitamins and enzymes, act as carriers for other substances and after having fulfilled their task they leave the body unaltered. Thus they can be used and taken in again to carry out the same job.
Some vitamin supplements contain very high doses of specific vitamins. This can make the urine look very dark and taste and smell very strong. However this is not a problem, although it might be somewhat unpleasant to drink.
14) What do you do, if you can’t get over the taste?
When it is not possible for you to get used to the taste there are several other ways in which you can take urine into your body. Massaging with urine allows urine to be absorbed into the body through the skin. As far as taking urine in through the mouth, one could dilute it with a lot of water. Initially one could take just a few drops of urine mixed in fruit juice or other fluids. Also one could make use of a homeopathic tincture or an injection.
To help make the taste of your urine more acceptable it is wise to experiment with your diet. It is recommended to eat lost of fruits and fresh vegetables and avoid meat, spices, dairy products and carbohydrates. Fruits and vegetables from a healthy diet anyway, and they normally make the urine taste milder and more watery It is then usually easier to drink your urine.
For people who feel either occasionally or permanently a strong disgust blocking them from drinking their own urine, we would suggest that it may be worth first trying to discover their personal, psychological relation to urine. Clearing up some deeper issues surrounding body secretions might help to overcome the aversion.